Originally from Germany, I now live in the beautiful city of Spokane Valley, Washington. I'm a wife, a mother of a sweet little boy, a photographer/business owner, dog lover and coffee addict.
My dog's name is Theodore Evelyn Mosby, (Ted, Teddy, Teddy Bear) named after the main character in one of my favorite shows How I Met Your Mother.
This page has been "under construction" for a while now. I always come back to it and each time I do I just don't know what to write. How do you even write about yourself? It's not as simple as it sounds. But I am just going to go for it, give you full transparency and speak from my heart.
I could tell you why or how my photography career started, but I know you're not here for that. You are here because you want to get to "know" me before booking a session with me. So, here is a bit more information that is going to help you decide if I'm a good fit for your photography needs.
• I am a family Photographer
I realized that 90% of the work I do is family sessions. Even though I haven't actually picked a specialty (and I don't think I ever will) I would describe myself as a family photographer. By definition, a family is a group consisting of parents and children. And that's exactly what I always photograph, one way or another. Expecting parents, a newborn baby, mothers and their children, just the kids alone, senior portraits. It all falls under that category. They're either someone's parents, or someone's children.
• I am a mother I have a two year old son who keeps me on my toes. He has taught me so much about life and he has even helped me with my business. You see, I KNOW how nerve wrecking it is, the time leading up to your session and even during your session. You worry about your children, you aren't sure how they will behave, if they're going to cooperate or just give me a stink eye. But this is where me being a mother has really helped my business. I get it. I am a mother. I know how unpredictable children are. I have a lot of tricks and aces up my sleeve to get the little ones to smile. I make it fun for them, I make it fun for all of us. You won't catch me asking your kids to "smile" or "say cheese", because that usually just gets their fake, forced smiles. Neither one of us wants those. I make sure to get real smiles, giggles and laughs by playing games with your children, making them do silly things, letting them have tickle fights and all kinds of fun stuff that will make them enjoy our time together.
• I love working with children Adding on to the above paragraph, I truly do enjoy working with children of all ages. I'm still a child at heart myself and I always try to put myself in their shoes, think like a child would think. I let kids run the session (within reason of course) and make sure they're having a good time with me. I respect them, listen to them, respond to any and all their questions, I acknowledge them and I treat them as any child would want to be treated.
"Can you come home with us and stay? We will make room for you" --- Ada, 3 years old ---
"When can we take more pictures with you?" --- Joey, 6 years old ---
"You're silly, I like you!" --- Chloe, 5 years old ---
"I wants to take pichures wif you EVERY DAY!" --- Liam, 4.5 years old ---
Behind the scenes photo my Client took.
• I have a quick workflow = fast turnaround time! I always say "work smarter, not harder" and over the years I have developed a very quick and easy workflow. It allows me to get your images back to you in record time. Because I know how excited you are to see your gallery. I'm a workaholic and love spending my time editing. I stay up until the early morning hours and edit your images to perfection. Often the time spent editing is accompanied with a coffee from Dutch Bros.
• I have been in your shoes! You're looking at different websites, getting information and preparing for the session. It can be nerve wrecking. Trying to figure out what to wear, how to do your hair... I've been there. I know exactly how you feel. I've had dozens of sessions done for myself and my family. I know how stressful it can be and I strive to make the whole process as easy and relaxing for you as possible! I will give you helpful tips on how to prepare for your session, what to wear, how to do your make up. I know how to pose you in your most flattering angles so you do not have to worry about the extra weight showing, about feeling awkward. I know exactly what to say and do to get you to relax and enjoy our time together.
Photo Credits: Jessica Crandell Photography & Love Aglow Photography